Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Flying Pigs

Caught Roger Waters on Monday night at the arena in Manchester. Talk about standard setting. Over the years, I have seen God-knows how many hundreds of gigs, but Waters has now claimed the prize of sitting at number one. Absolutely superb. An incredible set list covering FLoyd material from The Wall, the criminally under-rated The Final Cut, Wish You Were Here and his own solo albums, all knitted together with a mind-blowing, massive HD screen and some wild props. How about a remote-control, flying inflatable pig the size of a double-decker bus that whizzed around the arena? A floating astronaut of similiar propotions? Plus a massive revolving prism shaped lighting rig. Oh, and surround sound for a gig that lasted the best part of three hours.

Not that I ever encourage bootlegs (actually that's bollocks) but if you missed it here is a link to some footage from the Manchester gig - you'll have to wait about 4 minutes in until Mr Pig makes an appearance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhGa0-1RlYs

A few other links are: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFsGgn8tA4U

And some quality footage at : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VH5xJpjnxc

Enjoy!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing man... I went and saw Mr Waters in Paris last week, that was completely surreal. Absolutely mind-blowing, I don't even have the words to tell how I felt, how I still feel...

Pure bliss maybe.

Nice videos dude, these bring back lots of memories from that night.

2:15 am  
Blogger Tom Sawyer said...

I saw Roger Waters last march, and it was definitely one of the best shows I have ever attended.
There were parts that gave me chills and made me cry.

If you were looking a word to describe the show it would be INTENSE!

-zoso

7:29 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home