Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Calling Y19

Made my way to the Manchester Apollo to last night to catch Journey. Steve Perry may not be with them any more, and their last vocalist Steve Augeri disappeared in a haze of a miming controversy (my lawyer tells me to insert the word "allegedly" here), but all of this mayhem has at least given Jeff Scott Soto a chance. Decent job he did too, though there was the passing thought as to how many of the 3000+ in attendance knew about the change. I thought I heard a distanct gasp of "Who the f***? when he came on stage. They were supported by the equally able Danny Vaughn, who despite looking like a slightly camp, mini-me version of Iggy Pop has a solid back-catalogue of solo and Tyketto/ Waysted albums to dig into. Anyway, once again it's time to shame a cretin! This time it's the woman who was sat in seat Y19 in the lower stalls. Thanks for talking all the way through the set about your fascinating life, which judging by the level of conversation, consists solely of watching "World's Most Amazing Lobotomy Videos", "Tricia", and the cartoon channel. I just don't get it. But then like a lot of things, I find myself asking the question "Is is just me?" regularly these days. It usually is too . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home