Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Burning My Soul

Yeah I know. So much for New Year's resolutions huh? God only knows where the last few weeks have disappeared to. Actually they have been pretty stressful on the book front, with me trying to suss out whether the original publishers were going to come through and finance the thing, or whether I was going to end up trying to locate a way of paying for it myself. Working out all the options, I had actually managed to pencil out a plan that meant I could indeed scrape together the cash to self-publish. Sure it would have meant borrowing against the house, begging and stealing, probably selling the wife and the dog on eBay, but I know the DT fans will come through right? And buy all 5000 copies from a potentially destitute author? I mean, where else are you going to get 600 pages of Dream Theater heaven, a wonderful cover designed by someone you will all have heard of, and a potential freeby of the silver disc variety? All to be confirmed of course, but I know you guys will buy it right? Even if it does cost a shedload to produce in it's luxury box set.

But then, just as I was about to book a meeting with the bank manager, we are back at square one - with the original publishing bods now back on the scene and seemingly keen. I'll know more in a few days but trust me, don't write a book. Don't even contemplate it. The stress will kill you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Oscar Quintero said...

Rich, I would definitely buy 2 or 3 copies of the book if you self-publish it.

You are the man!!

\m/

1:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rich, for God's sake... post this on Portnoy's forum and you'll discover how to sell any number of copies without ever thinking to publish the book! ;-)

Keep on goin' man, you are the best!

7:50 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home