Friday, November 17, 2006

At That Time Of The Night

With things still drifting along at a virtually un-noticeable pace on the DT book front (I'm going to have to write another chapter at this rate Mr Publisher . . !), I've had to try and find something new to fill my days and evenings. It's a bit like finishing exams - you can't wait to get the blight of your life out of the way, but when you do, you end up twiddling your thumbs and being driven slowly insane by the lack of activity. So, I've been scavenging around to try and come up with a new project. Thankfully, it looks like I'm going to be starting a new book early next year. The subject is a closely guarded secret - just because I'm an old paranoid who believes that by "going public" things will rapidly turn to crap. But, I can say that it involves another legendary prog rock band. And that's all you're getting out of me for now.

I've been perusing the latest issue of Metal Hammer today. Of late, I've been pleasantly surprised at the content, as they have seemingly shifted towards more of a "Classic Metal" stance. Yet, they let themselves down by covering the latest bunch of talentless retards who think that dressing as zombies is original/ amusing. Alice Cooper did it years ago. Then there was GWAR the truly gimpish Shitknot, Marilyn Manson etc etc. Need I go on? But no. Here come "metal ghouls" Send More Paramedics. WOW!!! They're "Zombiecore"! WOW!!! They turn up late cos they can't park they're zombie van! WOW!!! They use blood capsules! WOW!!! They're from, errr, Leeds! WOW!! They say such things as "We are zombies risen from the grave to eternally wander the earth in search of brains". WOW!! Such originality and what rebels! But then again, pre-pubescents probably find them cool, so what do I know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home