Friday, November 03, 2006

Hate Mail




I was just flicking through a few old issues of Classic Rock and stumbled across one of the letters pages. Amusingly, I'd managed to stress out Glenn Hughes in my review of one of his albums (I think I said he sounded like a bad James Brown and looked like Gary Glitter. Both true). Failing to see the humour he wrote in and complained - which is always a bad move as the magazine always gets the last word. It's especially witless given that the editor always writes the rejoinder and at that time, that position was filled by the notoriously snappy Mick Wall. There was also another letter from a chap who noticed that one of my album reviews bore no resemblance to the version available in the shops. That was due to the crappy, independent AOR label issuing advance copies with a different track-listing to the finished version. How I laughed . . .
Click to enlarge btw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home