Saturday, November 18, 2006

Bastard? Me?


The postman had me worried today. A package came through the door which was packed with a poster and beer mat emblazoned with the words "YOU BASTARD". But my initial fears that Phil Lesh or Glenn Hughes had finally tracked me down were unfounded when I sussed there was also a CD in there. Now, I know I should hate this. Any band that has to resort to using song-titles such as 'Bastard', 'Beat Me' or 'Killer Killer' are clearly begging for attention - usually as a result of trying to over-compensate for piss-poor material. But Electric Eel Shock are actually surprisingly impressive. OK, they may not be stunningly original, as their sound is blatantly entrenched in the stoner-riff genre, but the truth is that they rock like, errr, bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home