Monday, February 19, 2007

Sweaty Betty And The Roadrunner

Just got back from London after The Big Meeting to decide the final details of the Dream Theater book with the publishers. I'm too beat to try and type in all the details at the moment, mainly due to a flight from hell. Tell me, why is it that whenever I get on a plane, the most clinically obese individual you can imagine always parks themselves next to me? I'm not talking slightly porky here either - hell, I've got a few extra pounds I could do with shedding myself. No, this was a "women" who needed one of those extendable seatbelts usually reserved for the pregnant. The safety drill was pointless. In the event of an emergency, there would've been no chance of finding my way to an exit. It would have been like trying to wade over a bouncy castle filled with rice pudding, which, without crampons and a sturdy rope, would have been a physical impossibility. So that was far from pleasant and ever-so-slightly alarming as you can imagine.

But other than that, it was a thoroughly enjoyable time had down at Roadrunner Records in London, home of Dream Theater's new label and also where A&R men Derek Oliver and Dante Bonutto work. Who just happen to be the people who are going to be financing and publishing the DT book on their very own Rock Candy Record label. What a happy coincidence!

More later when I've showered off the residue from Big Fat Sweaty Betty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home