Thursday, March 01, 2007

£1 = $1.95861

Well, the contract has finally been honed to perfection at my end - I just need the publishers to read it and agree with it. Here's hoping as I really would lick my finger and shove it into a live mains socket if I ever have to look at that document again. Once that is signed off, I will finally reveal all about the book. This has been far too long a process, and I can only thank everyone for their patience as I know there are a few of you at least who want to buy this book. What I will say is that I really hope you think it's been worth the wait. My only real concern is the awful £/$ exhange rate (well, if you're American) and the fact that this set of books (there's a titbit for you) weigh about the same as a dead cow. Consequently, this might add a fair few dollars on for postage and packing (it'll be sent from the UK), plus the set won't exactly be bargain basement pricing - due to the design, quality and "extras". So, I'm trying to figure out a way we might be able to distribute directly in the US. Plus the other aspect is that this book will be mainly sold online (at http://www.dreamtheaterbook.com and http://www.rockcandyrecords.co.uk) and not necessarily sent to the likes of Amazon, and you certainly won't find a copy in Barnes and Noble. So that's something else for me to worry about . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Oscar Quintero said...

No problem Rich. DT fans will get a hold of the book(s) no matter what. I'm planning on getting a couple of copies myself.

Thanks for the book(s) Rich!

You rock!

6:21 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home