Thursday, February 22, 2007

Fishy Legal Things

I'm just wading through a draft version of the contract that needs to be agreed between myself and the book publishers. Boy, I see why lawyers get paid the amount they do. There are so many clauses and sub-clauses it's making my brain melt. Of course, minion writers like myself don't have agents - they always have to snaffle a healthy percentage and really aren't interested unless you're a fiction writer. Which means the emphasis falls back on my good self to organise this aspect too but thankfully I have a very astute lawyer who knows the difference between a preamble and a subsidiary right. I think.

I've noticed that Fish is going to presenting a Friday night show on Planet Rock (http://www.planetrock.com ) which should be worth a listen. Oh, as some of you spotted, the Dream Theater Book website ( http://www.dreamtheaterbook.com is down as mentioned in a post a couple of days ago. But, this should be sorted shortly . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home