Sunday, March 04, 2007

Jerry Garcia's Ghost

So, today became the nominated review-writing day. I must have been a bad bastard in a previous life. No really. I have the dubious joy of reviewing The Moody Blues, Supertramp and The Grateful Bloody Dead. What can you say about any of these? Apart from the fact that they won't make the transition from my desk to my CD collection. There are only fifteen other words for "bland" in the Thesaurus. Just as I thought things couldn't get any worse, as I was cheerily demolishing the Grateful Dead album, the power went off. For an hour. Clearly there must have been a light drizzle within 10 miles of an electricity pylon. And of course, when it came back on again the Word document on my PC had vanished into the ether. I reckon it was Jerry Garcia returning from the dead and taking a beardy, tie-dye revenge for my dissing of his legacy. It's still a dreadful album. If this page disappears or the server goes down for a few days, you know who to blame . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home