Sunday, June 21, 2009

An Open Letter To Kevin Moore

Kevin

I know your reluctance to be interviewed for anything related to Dream Theater, but I have a proposal . . .

I am putting the finishing touches to a second edition of the Dream Theater biography, Lifting Shadows. As a "journalist" I am always striving to get both sides of the story and without your input it is impossible for me to do. So I have a suggestion. That we arrange to have a two hour phone interview covering off your years in Dream Theater as well as OSI.

But what's in it for me I hear you cry? Well think about it. We do this final interview on Dream Theater. Anyone who ever asks you about the band in the future, you can just suggest they "go read the book". You'd never have to talk about them again.

In exchange, I'm also prepared to make a charitable donation in your name to the charity of your choice in the amount of $500. Pick a charity. New York Firefighters Fund, The Red Cross, Cancer Research or whatever.

All I'm asking is that you at least have a think about it.

I would need to do this in the next three weeks due to deadlines. You can contact me through http://www.rich-wilson.com/ or via Inside Out's UK press representative Dorothy. She has my details . . .

3 Comments:

Blogger Kyle S. said...

how about you donate your five hundred bucks to wherever you want and just let the dude be. he's over it, dream theater's over it, move on already. nothing good can come from this stunt.

5:00 pm  
Anonymous Willsy said...

I completely disagree with the first comment although I greatly respect the right to express ones opinion... Mr. Moore is first and foremost an artist. For him to completely disengage as he has from his Dream Theater phase when his artistic creativity was so prominent seems totally absurd to me. It is astounding that after all this time he still doesn't care. But I will tell you this much... his fans still do and I am one of them... So come on K-MO wherever you are... give it up... what you have to say is important to us... it will cement your legacy and your final words will be preserved for posterity... Whatsay Kevin?

3:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KM doesnt give 2 shit about your book!

9:57 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home