Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Well . . .


as it seems that a few people are actually visiting the blog these days, I thought I'd give you all a bit of an update on the book.

The original plan was to release the book earlier this year, but for various reasons that didn't come off. The main problem was that I was unhappy with just releasing a book for the sake of it that didn't contain any more information than the previous edition. So now we are hoping to get the standard hardback out later in the year - maybe September. This gives me the time to update the DT story to include all details on the new album. Additionally, as I might have mentioned, I am adding a chapter or ten in covering the bands various side projects. As such, I've been interviewing the members of Transatlantic and Liquid Tension over the last few months. So all this takes time to transcribe and get all the needed detail in there. But I know I keep saying this, but do check back from time to time as I might get around to updating this blog a touch more regularly than once every four months. Honest.

I've been doing quite a bit of work for the new Classic Rock Presents Prog which has kept me busy and been a blast. For any fans of prog, it's an awesome read and well worth checking out. There's also a nice feature in the current issue on the writing of the DT book.

Metal Hammer were also kind enough to put a reference to the DT limited edition in their objects of desire section - a scan is above! Click on the image to read. Ring Of Sauron indeed . . .

Oh, and if any of you were still thinking about getting a copy of the limited edition of "Lifting Shadows" then there are literally a handful left and once they're gone that's it. The exchange rate should also help out all Americans too. I know the publishers will be taking them off sale shortly in the run up to the new edition. You've been warned!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When's the projected general release date?

And where can I buy it?! :D

9:41 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home