Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Score - Holy Cow

Every now and again, I'll get something to review that truly blows me away and gives me a goosebump moment. Todays "work" was to put together a few hundred words for Classic Rock on the upcoming Dream Theater DVD, 'Score'. I'm actually at the point now where I dread reviewing DT as there are only so many superlatives in the thesaurus, but this release is something else. I know I'm slightly biased, but this really is killer. Apart from the music, it's the whole feel to the DVD, with creative and innovative camera angles, superb sound and shrewd editing that really makes it shine. The second disc also has a fascinating hour-long documentary which traces the band's career. I'm not going to ruin any surprises, but it makes compelling viewing. As live DVD's go, I honestly can't think of any that surpass this. Oh, and don't forget to look out for the plonker in the Union Jack T-shirt . . .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds absolutely wonderful, Rich. Not long to wait now for the rest of us!

6:55 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home