Sunday, September 19, 2010

And The Work On Book Two Stops

Just when you think you've got everything perfectly planned out . . .

So with Mike Portnoy's departure from Dream Theater, everything I'd scheduled has now been chucked! Work on book two has been put on permanent hiatus (!), the planned paperback of Lifting Shadows has been shelved for the moment, and I'm desperately putting together a long piece on the DT news for a Classic Rock Presents Prog cover story. Deadline too near.

It's all good though and it's given me the chance to speak with all the remaining DT guys for the piece. All very sad but they seem determined to carry on. Mike has understandably gone incommunicado on all things DT for the moment, so there won't be any new quotes from him. But I've got the inside story from the remaining DT guys so it will make an interesting read. I'll let you know when I've got the date the issue is out. Meanwhile, I've got some transcribing to be doing . . .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where's the DT interview?

1:52 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home